The Rt Hon Robert Buckland QC held a meeting with the members of Luton Conservative Federation on Friday 15th January through Zoom.
This wonderful evening was an opportunity for Luton Conservative members to engage with a senior member of the Government.
The Rt Hon Robert Buckland was appointed as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice after previously serving as Minister of State at the Ministry of Justice.
The Rt Hon Robert Buckland oversees a range of portfolios including:
- Oversight of all portfolios and Ministry of Justice strategy
- Oversight of international business and future relations with the EU
- Resourcing of the department
- Functions of the Lord Chancellor
- Judicial policy including pay, pensions and diversity
- Corporate services
- Oversight of departmental COVID-19 response supported by other ministers according to portfolio
Rt Hon Robert Buckland outlined his amazing efforts to combat COVID-19 in prisons, commented on how the Justice department has responded to the challenges of COVID-19 and how he has revolutionised procedures within his department.
This wonderful, engaging and insightful evening facilitated members to engage with the wider Conservative party and talk about the impact of Government reforms.
These events will be held frequently in the future, if you'd be interested please join the party and get in touch!