This page has been designed to provide up-to-date information, guidance and advice with regards to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you need medical help, please use the 111 online coronavirus service.
The most important thing to remember is:
Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives
If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
From the 20th December, Luton will be in Tier 4 alert level.
- Friends and family
- You should stay at home except for specific reasons including education, work (if it can't be done from home), exercise, medical needs, food and other essential shopping and to provide care.
- You should not mix socially indoors, or in a private garden, with anyone who is not part of your household or support bubble.
- Support bubbles can be formed between one household and another which contains only one adult - with some exceptions.
- You can meet one other person at a time from another household in an outdoors public place (such as a park, a street, countryside, an allotment or a children's playground).
- Children can continue to move between homes if their parents are separated.
- Going to work
- You should work at home if possible.
- If you have to return to your workplace, your employer must make arrangements for you to work safely.
- Schools and nurseries
- Primary and secondary schools can open, as can nurseries and childcare.
- If a school has coronavirus cases, local health protection teams will advise what to do.
- All pupils and staff in secondary schools (Year 7 and above) must wear face coverings in communal areas outside the classroom.
- Leisure time
- Pubs, restaurants, bars and cafes are closed, except for takeaways.
- There is no limit on the time allowed for exercise outdoors or, for example, for sitting on a park bench or eating and drinking outside.
- Leisure facilities such as gyms, swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts are all closed.
- Entertainment venues including theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, are all closed.
- Hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites are closed except in certain circumstances (such as where they are someone's main residence, or where it is essential to stay there for work purposes).
- All non-essential shops must close.
- Close contact services, such as hairdressing or beauty salons must close.
- Other key advice
- You are not allowed to stay overnight away from your home, whether on holiday, in a second home or caravan, or with anyone you do not live with, or are in a support bubble with.
- You are not allowed to travel outside your tier four area.
- You are not allowed to travel abroad, unless for exceptional reasons.
- Places of worship remain open for communal services.
- You are not allowed to form a Christmas bubble with other households.
Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Do not meet others, even friends or family if you have symptoms. You have a duty to self isolate if that is the case.
This website details a range of information on how the government is helping people affected by the virus:
Guide to safeguarding yourself and your family: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54373904
How to protect your mental health: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799
For advice on how you can be supported or what you may be entitled to you can contact the independent Citizens Advice Bureau: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/local/luton/
For information on how the government is supporting people during the crisis: https://vote.conservatives.com/…/coronavirus-government-sup…
For information on how we are supporting small businesses: https://vote.conservatives.com/…/coronavirus-business-suppo…
For information on how we are supporting the self-employed: https://vote.conservatives.com/ne…/coronavirus-self-employed